Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to you my mom!


I love it because I have the opportunity to celebrate my mom. She’s an amazing woman and while I know most people think this…mine is. Just ask the people I call my friends, they’ll agree. She is loving, kind, smart, strong and fiercely protective of her little family (dad, my brother and me). She is the kind of person you want in your corner because she doesn’t judge or remind you of ‘what you should do/be/have done’. Instead, she puts that little bug in your ear, helping to guide you and hopefully it will point you in the right direction.

For almost as long as I can remember, I marveled at the relationship she had with my grandmother. She called her every day, took care of anything she needed and was truly a wonderful daughter. They probably had their ‘mother/daughter’ moments, but my grandmother only had praise for her. She was perfect her eyes…and in mine too.

I know we speak all the time and I love it, but not nearly as much as I love her. She has been and continues to be my rock, my biggest supporter and the one woman I can truly depend on. Only she know what this mixed bag day means to me. You see, because she’s my mom and has walked this road with me…I don’t have to explain it.

She gets it.

As you plan your wedding, keep in mind what this means to your mother. She knew you before you were born. She celebrated your triumphs, and shed silent tears when you were hurt. She has dreamt dreams for you and your life, that you can’t begin to imagine. She wants only the best for you – then, now and forever.

On your wedding day, she will be the strength yet again (let’s face it, your big, strong dad will be a mess as he walks you down the isle) beaming with pride as YOU, her daughter begins what she hopes will be a good life and family. Hopefully in the future, you’ll be able to have children that she can make a fuss over and then share pride again as ‘grandma’.

I know that this little column is supposed to be about you the bride, but just for a moment remember the other ‘women’ who will share this day with you. Your mom, his mom, if your lucky grandmothers. Celebrate the love, strength, funny stories and family recipes that have helped to mold you. It is my deepest heartfelt wish that I could one day have a child who would continue to love this woman I call, mommy. Maybe one day that wish will come true. Until that time, I LOVE YOU MOMMY and thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Happy Mothers’ Day.

2 comments:

P said...

Love it and the special relationship you have with your mom. What a lovely & sexy bride you were/are!! Thanks for sharing.

Yours In Bridal said...

Thanks Pam. Yea, she's a cool lady.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
BridalEase © 2008 Por *Templates para Você*