Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Brides Rock this way with Naeem Khan

The Naeem Khan 2010 fall collection was the final show I viewed under the Bryant Park tent. It was a very long, but fun week and Naeem is one of my favorites so I couldn't wait to see what was in store. Before the show began, I met Ranjan Khan, Naeem's beautiful and talented wife saying to her that I needed to find a new way to say “oh my god” every time I view his collection. We had a great conversation and she said "just wait until you see what's about to show. I think you'll like it." Last year Naeem was amazing, so I was looking forward to this presentation. Lights dimmed, the first beat of music played and once the first model took the runway, the electricity in the room went from zero to 1billion in .2seconds flat. I could go on about the music 'classic rock and roll' which had the entire crowd jammin', but let me tell you about the clothes. (You have got to watch the video below and I dare you not to start dancing..dare ya)

Glamour with a touch of American classic sports wear and sex-appeal mixed with rock and roll edge equaled perfection. As one looking not only at the clothes, but the reaction of my fellow editors and those in the audience, there was deep appreciation not only for the music choice (which matched perfectly thanks to the live DJ mixing of Donna D'Cruz), but for the true masterpieces we saw. They went the range from short, sexy and embellished to a luxe trumpet gown paired with a crocodile brocade motorcycle vest. I can so see this look on a bride with or without the motorcycle vest (which you could wear as you head to your honeymoon...). Yes Naeem is one of the favorite designers of our first Lady Michelle Obama, but his designs have graced the runway at the Academy Awards and most recently the Oscars on stars like Anika Noni Rose, Michele Lee Reitman, Brooke Shields, and Maria Menounos. In the end, both he and his show received a very well deserved "OMG' standing ovation.

Naeem, know that viewing your collection was worth all the hours, train rides across town, up and down stairs, being bumped in the head by a wayward camera lens and lack of sleep during fashion week. I want every piece in your collection and some of the editors I was sitting with feel the same. The standing ovation your received was sincere and I truly can’t wait to see what next season brings. Thank you for being such a talented man who obviously loves the power, strength and sensuality of a woman.

Fall Color trends for your wedding décor to consider, based on the Naeem Khan RTW collection:
Anything Metallic, Gold, “Metal”, Black. Gold, Silver, “Glass Chenille”, Crystals, beading, fringe, sequins, iridescent colors and feathers. Have a bit of sparkle to surprise and delight your guests. Also consider textured fabrics including velvet as a surprise element.

Just as an aside, the jewelry which were strong statement pieces, earrings and bracelets were created by the talented Ranjana Khan, Naeem’s wife.


Naeem Khan 2010 Fall Fashion Show - Thanks to Mercedes-Benz for the video footage

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
BridalEase © 2008 Por *Templates para Você*