Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cut-outs are in this "Edition" for Georges Chakra


If you’ve never been to an actual runway show, you may not know this, but writers/editors receive a “run of the show” sheet or sometimes a packet which tells you about the designers vision for that season, information about every design you will see on the runway and then all the other things like who did make-up, hair, music etc. At the Georges Chakra show, no such luck. I happened to be lucky enough to have a backstage pass thanks to the ladies of Dashing Diva who did their nails. I was told that the color was dark, gothy and reminiscent of ‘dried blood’. So that set the tone for me.


“Edition by Georges Chakra” was a mix of asymmetrical and contemporary clothing design, inspired from Lucio Fontana, an Argentinean painter and sculptor. Lucio is known for his lacerated canvases and this inspiration made it’s way to the Chakra collection. I’m sure that many of these designs will be on the red carpet this season.


In the slideshow below you will see some of my favorite pieces, but you can see the entire collection if you click here. I’m new to George’s RTW but love his bridal collection. I’m so excited and ready to see what he has in store for bridal market. I won’t be surprised to see some of these same RTW gowns in bridal white.

Fall Color trends for your wedding décor to consider, based on the Georges Chakra RTW collection: Red, Wedgewood Blue, Off White, Cooper, Silver and Grey











0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
BridalEase © 2008 Por *Templates para Você*